Introducing Near Infrared Sauna Therapy for Home
Now you can have the health benefits of NIR sauna therapy
in the comfort of your home!
What is a Near Infrared Sauna?
Near infrared (NIR) saunas use heat lamps that generate near infrared light; the most healing spectrum of light. These unique lightwaves have been shown to stimulate healing and rejuvenating responses in body tissues. The lamps generate heat, and when the sauna is used, it will induce sweating to eliminate toxins, stimulate tissue repair, balance systems of the body, help with weight loss and so much more.
See why NEAR Infrared Sauna therapy is preferred
Near Infrared (NIR) Sauna vs. Far Infrared (FIR) Sauna
Far Infrared Saunas have the ability to induce sweating, but they also expose you to a high level of EMF. This is particularly problematic because you are in parasympathetic mode in the sauna (the “rest and digest” nervous system mode), and your internal defenses are down. Near Infrared Saunas have extremely low to no levels of EMFs emitted and are therefore much safer. When a Gauss meter was used, no measurement of EMF radiation was found in the Sauna Space Sauna used at Essentials for Health.
NIR Sauna may produce these benefits:
Full spectrum of infrared energy for more thorough healing
Color therapy in the yellow, orange, and red spectrum
No EMF exposure
Deepest skin penetration
Elimination of toxins and metals while sweating in the sauna
Relieves pain and inflammation
Regenerates skin by increasing collagen production
Not all sweat is the same
Improves metabolism and promotes weight loss
NIR Sauna Benefits explained in detail:
1. Since NIR Saunas emit infrared energy in the near, mid and far spectrum, from yellow to red. They offer the most complete benefits for health and healing.
2. Color therapy has been widely used for hundreds of years and since the early 80's has been making a comeback as an effective healing modality. Red stimulates the adrenals, testes, ovaries and growth as well as clearing the emotional body. Orange stimulates the intestines, liver, and pancreas. Yellow vitilizes the stomach, spleen and digestion. As many of these organs assist elimination, exposure to these colors, in conjunction with the sauna's heat, may significantly enhance the detoxifying and healing effects of sauna therapy.
3. EMFs are electrical magnetic frequencies that surround us from things like computers, power lines, cell towers, appliances, WiFi and cell phones. EMFs cloud up the electrical communication between cells in the human body. We are exposed everyday to EMF's, keeping our rate of exposure as low as possible is important. Frequent exposure to intense EMFs – especially for sensitive individuals, can cause a host of health problems.
There are basically two types of EMFs: low frequency and high frequency. Low frequency EMFs are emitted by our electricity and appliances. High Frequency EMFs (also known as Radio Frequency or “RF”) are generated by all our wireless devices. To learn more about EMF's and how to protect yourself click here.
4. Having the ability to penetrate 3.5 inches, and possibly deeper into the skin allows the body to begin sweating out toxins within 10 minutes. Shorter therapy sessions are easier to fit into our busy schedules.
5. NIR Sauna therapy has a wide range of effects on many bodily organs and systems. Hyperthermia may help rid the body of heavy metals, toxic chemicals, and radiation. Elevated body temperature may also destroy or disable weak, heat sensitive cells. These may include:
bacteria linked with Lyme disease
fungi and other parasites
cells infected with viruses
cells with damaged DNA
cells containing radioactive minerals
cells filled with chemical toxins
cells containing heavy metals
and any weakened cells
6. Studies indicate that light therapy in the red and near infrared range can reduce pain. It may have a direct effect on the peripheral nerves, helping to modulate inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and muscle soreness from overuse.
7. Evidence indicates that certain light frequencies in the red and near infrared range have beneficial effects on tissue repair. Dr. C.S. Enwemeka writes, "It includes the ability to accelerate inflammation, promote fibroblast proliferation, enhance chondroplasia, upregulate the synthesis of type I and III procollagen mRNA, quicken bone repair and remodeling, foster re-vascularization of wounds and overall accelerates tissue repair in experimental and clinical models." ("Therapeutic Light", Inerdis. J. of Rehab., Jan/Feb 2004)
8. Heavy metals that often accumulate in toxic levels such as lead, cadmium, copper, manganese and nickel have been shown to detox with sweat, using the lymphatic system, which is where sweat is produced. Toxic chemicals from our environment, such as pesticides and phthalates, can also be excreted through the body via sweat. An important factor, however, is how you are sweating. Sweating during exercise is not effective for detoxification because exercise activates the sympathetic nervous system. Sympathetic nervous system (stress, fight or flight) activity inhibits toxin elimination. You must be in a parasympathetic state (calm, rest or sleep) to detox. You can either workout OR detox, not usually both at the same time.
9. There are several reasons NIR sauna therapy may help with weight loss. Improving circulation helps to break down fat deposits and assists in the removal of toxins stored in sub-cutaneous fat. Repeated use may help reduce craving for sweets, starches, and fatty foods. Also, enhancing cellular metabolic processes can help burn fat more efficiently.
A near infrared sauna can be used with or without sweat therapy. If used with the doors open, the air will remain cooler, but the near infrared rays will improve cellular health. This makes near infrared saunas an excellent option for those who cannot tolerate the heat or sweating from a regular sauna. However, if you want to reap the benefits of sweat therapy, you can gradually build up your tolerance and begin to use our near-infrared sauna with the doors closed.
Therapeutic benefits to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Click below to
read a NASA study.