To use it, connect the IR Extender to the IR In input on the back of the TV Box or TV Adapter. Put the other end of the IR Extender somewhere that allows a direct line of sight between it and the remote.
- 1 Where does the IR go on cable box?
- 2 Where does the IR extender go?
- 3 How do I connect my infrared sensor to my TV?
- 4 What is an IR extender for a cable box?
- 5 How do I connect my IR signal to my cable box?
- 6 Where is the IR sensor on Samsung cable box?
- 7 What is a IR input?
- 8 How do I connect my transmitter to my IR receiver?
- 9 Where is the IR profile on a TV?
- 10 How do infrared extenders work?
- 11 What is a IR pass through cable?
Where does the IR go on cable box?
Usually, the optimum position is reached when the end of the emitter extends about 1 1/2″ from the front of the set top box. You may need to experiment until you find the best location. The IR sensor on the box is a cone-shaped area that is usually behind a dark plastic panel.
Where does the IR extender go?
You can connect the IR cable to the IR out port on the back of the TV by placing it near the device you want to control. You can use the IR Extender cable to relay signals between your TV and other devices.
How do I connect my infrared sensor to my TV?
Setup the IR Blaster from the Settings menu
- Turn on the TV and make sure that the set-top box is connected and on.
- On the TV remote, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Connect the IR Blaster.
- Select OK.
What is an IR extender for a cable box?
IR Extender cable enables us to control connected external devices with TV using the Smart Touch Control. IR Extender sensor sends an IR signal into a corresponding external device.
How do I connect my IR signal to my cable box?
Setup IR control
- Turn on your TV and make sure that the set-top box is connected and it is on.
- On your TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- Under the Watching TV category, select External inputs.
- Select Cable/Satellite box setup.
- Select Cable/Satellite box control setup.
Where is the IR sensor on Samsung cable box?
On most Samsung TVs the infrared sensor is on the lower right-hand side of the screen or the lower middle.
What is a IR input?
The IR input is so if the IR receiver on the front of the box is blocked by cabinet doors you can plug an IR receiver on a wire that could be placed outside the cabinet. It could also be used with an RF based universal remote or home automation system rather than gluing an IR emitter to the front of the box.
How do I connect my transmitter to my IR receiver?
The following image describes the block diagram of the IR Transmitter and Receiver. In the image, the IR Transmitter emits Infrared light modulated at a particular frequency. The IR Receiver will receive this modulated signal and demodulates it and sends it to the Microcontroller.
Where is the IR profile on a TV?
Go to Settings>Equipment Control>Manage Equipment>TV>Infrared Options>Change IR Profile, and click on “Find IR Profile.”
How do infrared extenders work?
An IR repeater system takes Infrared (IR) light coming from your remote controller and converts it to an electrical signal that can be easily distributed over electrical wiring to one or more IR remote controllable components.
What is a IR pass through cable?
If you want to hide a device behind a cabinet door, you can use an IR pass-through cable with your television to replicate remote-control signals to the hidden device. An IR repeater enables you to replicate the signal from a remote control to more than one hidden device.