While infrared thermometers are ideal for performing quick spot checks of hot and cold holding stations and buffet lines in restaurants, they are also helpful in a home kitchen. Soups, sauces and other liquids can be checked with an infrared thermometer.
- 1 What would you use an infrared thermometer for?
- 2 What should infrared thermometers be used to measure?
- 3 Where is the best place to use an infrared thermometer?
- 4 How do I check my temperature with an infrared thermometer?
- 5 What is a normal forehead temperature with an infrared thermometer?
- 6 What is a normal forehead temperature?
- 7 Is wrist temperature the same as forehead?
- 8 How accurate is a forehead temperature reading?
- 9 How far do you hold an infrared thermometer?
- 10 Can you use infrared thermometer on neck?
- 11 Is a temperature of 37.7 normal?
What would you use an infrared thermometer for?
Applications of Infrared Thermometers. Distance: The primary use of infrared thermometers is in measuring the temperature of a subject from a distance. The device is beneficial in situations where it is difficult to reach the object to record the temperature.
What should infrared thermometers be used to measure?
An infrared thermometer has a lens that helps you focus on the desired object while infrared rays are used to measure the amount of heat generated by the body or an object.
Where is the best place to use an infrared thermometer?
Proper Use of NCITs
- Use in a draft-free space and out of direct sun or near radiant heat sources.
- Determine if conditions are optimal for use.
- Place the NCIT in the testing environment or room for 10-30 minutes prior to use to allow the NCIT to adjust to the environment.
How do I check my temperature with an infrared thermometer?
Point the thermometer at the end of the person’s right eyebrow. 7. Hold the thermometer at a length of 3 fingers put together from the person’s temple (3-5 cm). The thermometer should not touch the skin.
What is a normal forehead temperature with an infrared thermometer?
It would be normal to read an actual forehead skin surface temperature between 91F and 94F if using a general-purpose infrared thermometer. Some infrared thermometers have an “adjustable emissivity feature”. Some are factory set for emissivity of 0.95, or in the case of our IRFS, 0.97.
What is a normal forehead temperature?
The average body temperature is 98.6 F (37 C). But normal body temperature can range between 97 F (36.1 C) and 99 F (37.2 C) or more.
Is wrist temperature the same as forehead?
The wrist temperature had a narrower 95% limits of agreement than the forehead temperature. The wrist measurements had a higher percentage of differences that were within ±0.5 °C than did the forehead measurements in these four groups.
How accurate is a forehead temperature reading?
But the temperature readings vary depending on which one you use, and you need an accurate body temperature to determine if a fever is present. A forehead (temporal) scanner is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature.
How far do you hold an infrared thermometer?
Clinical non-contact IR thermometers are designed to be used only at close range, usually about two to six inches. Check the instruction manual for the correct distance for your specific device.
Can you use infrared thermometer on neck?
The most basic model is the ThermofocusÒ 0700A2, which can be used to measure temperature by holding the thermometer over the central forehead. Thermometers in the ThermofocusÒ 01500 series can also be used to measure temperature over other areas of the body, including the neck, umbilicus and axilla.
Is a temperature of 37.7 normal?
Although 98.6° F (37° C) is considered normal temperature, body temperature varies throughout the day. It is lowest in the early morning and highest in the late afternoon—sometimes reaching 99.9° F (37.7° C). Similarly, a fever does not stay at a constant temperature.